jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Question about same name siblings and authorization
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:55:02 GMT
Hi all,

We running into a (potential) issue with same name siblings and
authorization and I would like to have some feedback before we try to
fix this (if needed at all).

The problem is as follows: we have the following structure:

-content
    `news
         `newsitem
              |- item
              `- item

The session has only permissions to read the second sns and not the
first one. I would expect that this session, which sees only one
"item" node would be able to get the node with:

session.getRootNode().getNode("content/news/newsitem/item")

But this will return "null" and similarly the
hasNode(content/news/item/item) will return false. The only way to get
the node seems to be with:

session.getRootNode().getNode("content/news/newsitem/item[2]")

Which is a bit odd, because how can the session know there is more
than one item sibling? Does anybody knows what the spec has to say
about this?

Regards,
Bart