jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 08:51:26 GMT

The check-release script complains about some differences between the
svn tag and the code in the zip:

$ diff -bur tag-svn/ tag-zip/
Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: DEPENDENCIES
Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: derby.log
Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: LICENSE
Only in tag-zip/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0: NOTICE

The src zip now contains a NOTICE.txt and NOTICE file as well as a
LICENSE.txt as a LICENSE file. It looks like the derby.log is a
leftover from the build as it is not cleaned up by "mvn clean".

I also think we need to update the check release script a little bit
to verify all artifacts and not only the source zip file and check the
pgp signing. I guess it should be easy enough to copy that from the
jackrabbit check-release.sh script. The artifacts I checked manually
all seemed fine to me.

The build works fine and all tests pass.

So here is my +1! (unless the double NOTICE and LICENSE files have any
legal consequences, but IANAL)

Thanks for all the work Ard!

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> A candidate for Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0 release is available at:
>     http://people.apache.org/~ard/ocm/2.0.0/
> The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/ocm/tags/jackrabbit-ocm-2.0.0/
> The SHA1 checksum of the archive is 8e57c6b956ae271fa4df8cbe8d3e21a128ebc66e
> A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejackrabbit-035/
> The commands for running automated checks against this release candidate are:
>     $ wget http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/ocm/trunk/check-release.sh
>     $ sh check-release.sh ard 2.0.0 8e57c6b956ae271fa4df8cbe8d3e21a128ebc66e
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0
> least three +1 Jackrabbit PMC votes are cast.
>     [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0
>     [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
> +1 from me
> Regards Ard

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466

View raw message