jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Spring 3.0 with Apache 2.x
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:42:12 GMT
On 30.06.2012, at 15:51, Peri Subrahmanya wrote:

> I wanted to use spring with apache 2.x and I found information on spring modules. However
it seems like spring modules is compliant with JSR 170 which is jackrabbit 1.x. Can someone
verify if JCR 2.x works with Spring similar to the spring modules, and if so any links for
examples please?

If you mean the spring-modules-jcr [0] that's long dead (doesn't have a website anymore).
Also found se-jcr [1] which also seems inactive.

In any case, there is nothing that prevents you from using Jackrabbit in a Spring app. Usually
I would not recommend the approach to see jcr just as a DAO implementation and use the transaction
features from Sling (such as the modules above do). JCR is best done when you use the API
directly with full control over the session yourself.

[0] http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.springmodules/spring-modules-jcr
[1] http://se-jcr.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Alex