jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject MultiDataStore ...
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 05:27:17 GMT
I'm implementing at the moment a MultiDataStore and want to know if
someone else is interested so i would provide a patch.

The background:
We are storing a huge amount of files into jackrabbit (at the moment about 2 TB).
We are using a DBDataStore running against a high available OracleCluster. The problem is

that we must keep files up to 80 years for government requirements. So the costs will
increase every year for the backend. The plan is now to move files time based from one
datastore to a other. The archive DataStore is mapped to a cheaper backend like a
SATA RAID or a Tape Library.

This will be done with a DataStoreJanitor. It would move files based on the modified date
to the other datastore in a background process.

The MultiDataStore is only a DataStore Wrapper with two DataStores in it. The append
will work against the primary DataStore and the read will first look inside the primary and
if not found there it will use the archive DataStore. The GarabageCollector would remove
only files from the archive DataStore.

The configuration could look like:
<MultiDataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.MultiDataStore" >
  <primary>
    <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">
    </DataStore>
  </primary>
  <archive>
    <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">
    </DataStore>
  </archive>
</MultiDataStore>

greets