jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Giordano <victor.giord...@globant.com>
Subject Re: Search by an inputstream property
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:48:20 GMT
Alex, thanks for your quick reply. I will have all of this in mind!!!.
We fixed these problem by adding a new property to the node, that
contains the text context, whose type is String. So we make the query
against that property. We use a custom text extractor (tika text
extractor), and we add the necessary code to populate the new property
when a file is uploaded.
Thanks again
Greeting
Victor

On 7/19/2012 4:09 PM, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> On 16.07.2012, at 20:51, Victor Giordano wrote:
>
>> Hi friends, i have a question about making a xpath expression for filtering resources
by a property of type inputStream called data.
>> How i can do a text search... for example... this is working:
>>
>> String xpath1 = "<my app path>//element(*, nt:resource) [jcr:contains(@jcr:mimeType,'*plain*')]";
>> String xpath2 = "<my app path>//element(*, nt:resource) [jcr:contains(@jcr:encoding,'*utf*')]";
> FYI: jcr:contains() runs full text searches (with terms split up, word stemming etc.),
so you don't need wildcards. Just use

> jcr:contains(@jcr:mimeType, 'plain')
>
> If you want real pattern-like matching (and highly-structured mime type or encoding values
are probably better served by that), use jcr:like, which uses % as wildcard: