jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mongodb bundle persistence manager
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:54:43 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Hui Lin <hlin@consumer.org> wrote:
> i can certainly make a patch for you to test if you can give me some lead
> how to do it. i never involved with open source development before.

Welcome, you're in for a fun ride!

Basically what you need to do to create a patch for us to review, is
to first checkout the latest trunk from svn:

    $ svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
jackrabbit-trunk

Make sure you can build the source tree:

    $ cd jackrabbit-trunk
    $ mvn clean install

Then add your code to appropriate places in the Jackrabbit source
tree, and make sure all are tracked by svn:

    $ svn status # shows you all the files you've added or modified
    $ svn add ... # for each file that you've added

For example, in your case you'd add the extra persistence manager to a
new org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.mongodb package under
jackrabbit-core/src/main/java and put any test code under
jackrabbit-core/src/test/java. Make sure that the main build still
works, and use "svn diff" to generate the patch:

    $ mvn clean install
    $ svn diff > mongodb.patch

Check that the patch looks OK and either send it here to the mailing
list or (better yet) create a new feature request in the Jackrabbit
issue tracker and attach the patch there.

Do that a few times, and you'll become a Jackrabbit committer. :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting