jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-core integration tests memory/GC problems
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:46:40 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> are there recommended maven_opts for running with -PintegrationTesting?
>
> The only results I currently get are either out of memory exceptions *or* GC
> timeouts. (jdk1.6, win64, on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.TestAll)

I haven't encountered the problem (Java 7 on Linux), and it looks like
our Jenkins build (Java 6 on Solaris) that doesn't use any specific
MAVEN_OPTS setting is also fine. It looks like a platform-specific
problem, either caused by too little memory used by the default JVM
settings or by some problem in the way our code interacts with the
host platform.

Is this a recent issue, i.e. can you reproduce it in the same
environment with an older revision of Jackrabbit trunk?

BR,

Jukka Zitting