jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Hui Lin <h...@consumer.org>
Subject Re: Mongodb bundle persistence manager
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 22:08:44 GMT
much appreciated for the instruction. I will send you the patch soon.

- Steven

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Hui Lin <hlin@consumer.org> wrote:
> > i can certainly make a patch for you to test if you can give me some lead
> > how to do it. i never involved with open source development before.
>
> Welcome, you're in for a fun ride!
>
> Basically what you need to do to create a patch for us to review, is
> to first checkout the latest trunk from svn:
>
>    $ svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
> jackrabbit-trunk
>
> Make sure you can build the source tree:
>
>    $ cd jackrabbit-trunk
>    $ mvn clean install
>
> Then add your code to appropriate places in the Jackrabbit source
> tree, and make sure all are tracked by svn:
>
>    $ svn status # shows you all the files you've added or modified
>    $ svn add ... # for each file that you've added
>
> For example, in your case you'd add the extra persistence manager to a
> new org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.mongodb package under
> jackrabbit-core/src/main/java and put any test code under
> jackrabbit-core/src/test/java. Make sure that the main build still
> works, and use "svn diff" to generate the patch:
>
>    $ mvn clean install
>    $ svn diff > mongodb.patch
>
> Check that the patch looks OK and either send it here to the mailing
> list or (better yet) create a new feature request in the Jackrabbit
> issue tracker and attach the patch there.
>
> Do that a few times, and you'll become a Jackrabbit committer. :-)
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

*****
This e-mail message is intended only for the designated recipient(s) named above. The information
contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, retain, copy, redistribute or use
this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of its contents.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer system.
*****