jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Hui Lin <h...@consumer.org>
Subject Re: Mongodb bundle persistence manager
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:00:37 GMT
thanks for all the help, i've create feature request in jackrabbit jira
task and attached the patch.

I am also new to mongodb, but I will take a step at a time. the test case
is working fine but my goal is to get it to work with CQ 5.4. thanks

- Steven

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Hui Lin <hlin@consumer.org> wrote:

> much appreciated for the instruction. I will send you the patch soon.
>
> - Steven
>

> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Hui Lin <hlin@consumer.org> wrote:
>> > i can certainly make a patch for you to test if you can give me some
>> lead
>> > how to do it. i never involved with open source development before.
>>
>> Welcome, you're in for a fun ride!
>>
>> Basically what you need to do to create a patch for us to review, is
>> to first checkout the latest trunk from svn:
>>
>>    $ svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
>> jackrabbit-trunk<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunkjackrabbit-trunk>
>>
>> Make sure you can build the source tree:
>>
>>    $ cd jackrabbit-trunk
>>    $ mvn clean install
>>
>> Then add your code to appropriate places in the Jackrabbit source
>> tree, and make sure all are tracked by svn:
>>
>>    $ svn status # shows you all the files you've added or modified
>>    $ svn add ... # for each file that you've added
>>
>> For example, in your case you'd add the extra persistence manager to a
>> new org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.mongodb package under
>> jackrabbit-core/src/main/java and put any test code under
>> jackrabbit-core/src/test/java. Make sure that the main build still
>> works, and use "svn diff" to generate the patch:
>>
>>    $ mvn clean install
>>    $ svn diff > mongodb.patch
>>
>> Check that the patch looks OK and either send it here to the mailing
>> list or (better yet) create a new feature request in the Jackrabbit
>> issue tracker and attach the patch there.
>>
>> Do that a few times, and you'll become a Jackrabbit committer. :-)
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting

*****
This e-mail message is intended only for the designated recipient(s) named above. The information
contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, retain, copy, redistribute or use
this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of its contents.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer system.
*****