jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject XA help needed ...
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 06:12:15 GMT
Hi ...

I found a "problem" within a xa environment and i don't know how to solve it or
if it is possible to solve.

We have two J2EE Applications runnig on different AppServers and both have a Jackrabbit
Cluster Member instance running via JCA (as XAResource).
The Jackrabbit Cluster is configured to use a DB Journal.

So the problem is now if App1 adds a Node, then calls App2 and this also add a Node inside
a global Transaction.

While preparing the global Transaction, JCR on App1 creates a global Lock on DB (Global Revision
Table). App2 tries also to prepare the transaction
but it can't add a DB Lock because App1 holds it now. App1 would free the Lock on commit ...
so we have a global Deadlock.

Is it possible to create the Lock on the Global Revison Table only in one phase (commit phase)
and not spanned over prepare and commit ?

thanks for any help
claus