jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Peri Subrahmanya <peri.subrahma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use SOLR 3.x with JCR 2.x
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 11:15:51 GMT
Tor,

Yes, we are already doing that as we have a need for faceted search,
indexing custom fields etc. I should have asked a little bit more clearly;
what I am trying to do is to merge the two webapps into a single module
that is have one project that bundles solr and jcr. Current setup is two
different web apps and so transaction management is a little tricky that
is rolling back data in one system if something fails in the other etc.
Wanted to see if anyone has a similar setup and perhaps provide some
feedback. The reason we couldn't do it with earlier version of JCR was
because it was using an older version of Lucene than SOLR so had to keep
them seperate. But now jcr and solr both use 3.x version of lucene so
shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks
-PeriS