jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Work on Jackrabbit OCM
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 07:27:13 GMT
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Ard Schrijvers
> <a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
>> I will be working on Jackrabbit ocm [1] the coming weeks.
>
> Great!
>
>> If there are developers would like me to first branch the current
>> trunk against jackrabbit core 2.2.9, please let me know.
>
> The OCM component should ideally be independent of the Jackrabbit
> release or even the JCR implementation. If you can fix that, or at
> least abstract the version/implementation -specific bits well enough,
> there should be no need for separate branches like that.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. I'll first start investigating why the
unit tests started failing from jr 2.3.0 and up.

>> Any other feedback is also more than welcome.
>
> You know https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OCM, right? Also, I

Yes, I saw that one already. Didn't know it before yesterday but
always start with an 'svn log' to find out about the status of
project. Fortunately, the jira keys are nicely included in the commit
messages, hence I saw the OCM-x keys

> think it would be useful to cut an OCM release once you're done with
> your changes.

Exactly my/our goal before we start using it in Rave.

Thanks Jukka!