jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: time for JDK 1.6?
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 08:39:08 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 31.05.2012 um 10:22 schrieb Julian Reschke:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> yesterday, while working on OAK, I accidentally made a jackrabbit
>> (-tests) change containing a 1.6ism (String.isEmpty). Nothing serious,
>> and easy to fix.
>
> Technically I am all for dropping the Java 5 requirement -- Java 5 is essentially no
more.

Same feelings here. My company dropped java 5 support years ago.

Java 6 is pretty much done as well [1]: "After November 2012, Oracle
will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its public download sites.
". Which basically translates to that you have to pay if you want
security updates.

Regards,
Bart

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html