jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 2.5.0
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 12:18:46 GMT
On 2012-05-29 13:54, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-05-29 10:51, Julian Reschke wrote:

>>> You are on windows right? Might this have something to do with it? Did
>>> anybody else try this on Windows?
>>
>> Yes, with Cygwin. Probably something is getting text processing that
>> should be processed as binary?
>
> The problem is that the script uses openssl for checksum checking, and
> feeds the binary into openssl through stdin, and the authors of openssl
> apparently do not understand the difference between binary and text (a
> common pattern of people living exclusively in the *nix world).

For openssl, the simple fix is to pass the filename as parameter (so
simply remove the "<" for stdin redirection).

The gpg has a similar problem, but I couldn't spot a way to fix this.

For cygwin/Windows (with text mode configured), fixing the openssl
invocation would be at least a way to check that 2 of the 3 signatures
match.

Best regards, Julian