jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Hausladen <david_hausla...@yahoo.com>
Subject BTreeManager - opt in or automatic?
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 19:03:47 GMT

I have some questions about BTreeManager and how it is used to solve the problem of large
sets of child nodes. We're converting a legacy document store into Jackrabbit, preserving
file paths. Unfortunately, we found that this legacy store was very flat in some cases and
when that is the case, performance suffers, in some cases dramatically. A few searches turned
up BTreeManager. But there's very little documentation of how to use it.

1.) First of all, is it automatically used by Jackrabbit to manage the children of all nodes,
or is it an opt-in feature?
2.) If it is an opt-in feature, does one need to always use ItemSequence to access the children
of a node?  Based on what I see of the code, it seems necessary since without the mapping
performed by ItemSequence, the backing nodes' getNodes methods would return the internal (hierarchical)
rather than the flat structure.

View raw message