jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About the missing COUNT() feature in jackrabbit
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 08:14:35 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> For Oak, COUNT(*) is definitely possible. Also important is GROUP BY I
> believe, in combination with COUNT(*). I'm not sure about DISTINCT.
>
> But for Jackrabbit 2.x, I can't tell how easy it would be to support it.

I looked at this last year. It's doable if someone has the cycles for
it, but requires quite a bit of effort as the relevant bits in
Jackrabbit 2.x weren't designed with aggregate queries in mind.

Implementing option 2 as outlined by Christian is far easier for this
specific use case.

BR,

Jukka Zitting