jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From ashimita <ashim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Developed jackrabbit-webdav client for Android
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:49:02 GMT
Hi Julian,

Currently, the jackrabbit-webdav has no support for android.

If we have an Android app which has to do a File IO operation to a webdav
server, say, file upload, download, delete etc. the jackrabbit-webdav.jar
does not support the operations. The reason is because it uses libraries
which are not supported by Android platform and hence can't be executed.

Last year, I had made a jackrabbit-jar file which works on Android platform
and I could successfully use it to do file operations through and Android
app. I have released it to the internet community since then, through my
blog<http://ashimita.blogspot.in/2011/05/using-jackrabbit-as-webdav-client-for.html>.
There have been couple of downloads as there is currently no other library
for webdav, which can work on Android.

Coming to your question, as to why we need a separate library, the existing
jackrabbit-webdav is for desktop version and we do not want to modify it.
Also there are some method calls which are not required/supported on
Android.

I hope I have answered your question. :)

Thanks and Regards,

Ashimita