jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From ashimita <ashim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Developed jackrabbit-webdav client for Android
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 05:56:35 GMT
Hi Julian,

The libraries that are not supported are:

org.slf4j.Logger and  org.slf4j.LoggerFactory which are used mainly for
logging purpose.

HttpServletRequest.*getHeader()* is also not supported. So here is what the
Dalvik VM says, when one uses the getHeader() method in the jackrabbit
library:

I/*dalvikvm*(368): Could not find method
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getHeader, referenced from method
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.header.OverwriteHeader.<init>

This was tested against Gingerbread (API 10) and ICS (API 15) using Android
emulator. Honeycomb (API 12 and 13) will also not support the same, IMO,
since it is between Gingerbread and ICS.
I had developed this 1 year back with 2.2.5, and hence relying on meld diff
tool to find out the changes. There might be few other APIs as well which
may not be supported and which I had taken care of at that time.

With new releases by Android, e.g. Jellybean, it becomes imperative for us
to test this jackrabbit library against each new version of Android.

Further more, I would also like to emphasize, that there was an out of
memory issue while uploading larger files from Android. So this feature
also needs to be fixed and integrated with the library, now
that FileRequestEntity is available with commons-httpclient version 3.1.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashimita