jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Bug fix releases of the 2.2 and 2.4 branches
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:57:36 GMT
Hi all,

With our customers we have had some considerable issues with data
inconsistencies in the repository for quite a while now. As of lately
we have spent a considerable amount of time to tackle this. We have
taken three approaches:

- improving the (stand alone) checker app (still work in progress)
- creating a tool that hammers the repository with random concurrent
operations to find reproduction paths
- fixing the found problems reported by this tool [1,2,3,4]

We used to be able to find a lot of inconsistencies after just running
five minutes or so. The good news is that after the fixes of [1,2,3,4]
we were not able to produce any inconsistencies with concurrent single
node tests and concurrent clustered tests!

I've merged the fixes to the 2.4 and 2.2 branches since most of our
customers are still on 2.2.x releases. I would like to go for bugfix
releases 'soonish' for both 2.2 as 2.4 as these are rather important
issues (at least to us). Would that be possible and fit with other
outstanding patches? What would be a reasonable time frame?

Regards,
Bart

P.S. Thanks Unico Hommes and Frank van Lankvelt for your work on
finding and fixing these issues!