jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Building/Installing Custom LoginModules
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:56:07 GMT
hi paul

just a short summary here of our offline conversation:

On 4/19/12 3:18 PM, Paul Hethmon wrote:
> I'm looking for some information on custom login modules.
> There seems to be some good info on creating one, but not too much detail about how to
actually go about installing one.

from a jackrabbit perspective your custom login module needs
to be configured either in repository.xml or in the JAAS
configuration file. the repository.xml takes precedence in case
both configurations are present.

> From what I've gathered so far, my login module needs to be an OSGi bundle.
> It's not clear where I put it so that it can be found and loaded at runtime.

in order to pack your loginmodule into a bundle you have to add the OSGI
information to your jar. there exists for example a maven plugin
for that: maven-bundle-plugin provided by the apache felix project.
once you have that you should be able to deploy it like any other bundle.

kind regards
angela