jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Developed jackrabbit-webdav client for Android
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:25:57 GMT
On 2012-04-19 07:56, ashimita wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> The libraries that are not supported are:
>
> org.slf4j.Logger and  org.slf4j.LoggerFactory which are used mainly for
> logging purpose.

I don't understand. Can't you just add them?

> HttpServletRequest.*getHeader()* is also not supported. So here is what
> the Dalvik VM says, when one uses the getHeader() method in the
> jackrabbit library:
>
> I/*dalvikvm*(368): Could not find method
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getHeader, referenced from method
> org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.header.OverwriteHeader.<init>

We're talking about

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getHeader%28java.lang.String%29

right?

Why is it missing, and what is the suggested replacement?

(Yes, I'm very confused)

> This was tested against Gingerbread (API 10) and ICS (API 15) using
> Android emulator. Honeycomb (API 12 and 13) will also not support the
> same, IMO, since it is between Gingerbread and ICS.
> I had developed this 1 year back with 2.2.5, and hence relying on meld
> diff tool to find out the changes. There might be few other APIs as well
> which may not be supported and which I had taken care of at that time.
>
> With new releases by Android, e.g. Jellybean, it becomes imperative for
> us to test this jackrabbit library against each new version of Android.
>
> Further more, I would also like to emphasize, that there was an out of
> memory issue while uploading larger files from Android. So this feature
> also needs to be fixed and integrated with the library, now
> that FileRequestEntity is available with commons-httpclient version 3.1.

Is the OOM issue specific to Android?

As you can guess, I'm confused about the type of changes :-)

Best regards, Julian