jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "nmichon.prophessi" <nicolas.micho...@gmail.com>
Subject User and Rights management
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:55:13 GMT
hello everyone,

I'm new to jackrabbit and JCR and i've been assigned a task related to the
user and right management.
We use jackrabbit in a web-app (tomcat, seam, JSF) environnent and the
authentication on the site is already done with a LDAP module. We don't want
to double-check the user identity with JCR but we do want custom right
access to nodes for each users (groups actually).
The goal for us is to log into the repository with a user whithout identity
check : a loginModule that always return true for exemple and set custom
rights for the session using ACL.
I tried different things as follows :
- Using DefaultLoginModule, DefaultAccessManager : the probleme here is that
jackrabbit doesn't know the user and we don't want to add every user in the
LDAP to the JCR tree.
- Using SimpleLoginModule and SimpleAccessmanager : here the user is
successfully loged in but apparently it's impossible to use ACL with
SimpleAccessManager...

- I tried to implement my custom AccessManager and loginModule but i'm a bit
lost
The only result I have is to successfully log in and access the repository
but I can't add/set any right to the User (AccessDenied when changing
rights).
Is it possible to open a session with admin user, and set the rights for a
unknown user, loged-in in another session ? or add an unknown Principal to
the subject the admin principal is using ?
What is the best solution for the this purpose ?
Thanks for your help