jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Tree model
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:22:14 GMT
Hi,

>I'm not thinking of concurrent changes using the same session. the
>use case I have in mind is a node with lots of child nodes where
>changes from multiple sessions are frequent.

I that case I would assume you need to get a new instance to get the new
data.

>the only use case that comes to my mind is RangeIterator.getSize()
>in the JCR API. but even then you cannot just return the raw
>number of child nodes because you'd have to perform access
>control checks first, right?

That's true. Maybe we should document the method to not always return the
correct number, just like RangeIterator.getSize().

With the offset, you can start anywhere you want, without having to know
about any previous entry. You could go to 'page 10' without having to read
all the data up to 'page 9'. For paging in a GUI, the offset would be a
simpler solution I believe.

Regards,
Thomas