jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Tree model
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:29:42 GMT
Hi,

>I'm not sure this is really about the cost. I rather have concerns
>about contention and conflicts in the distributed case. in a
>distributed environment you can scale concurrent child node
>adds more easily when they are unordered. in the ordered case
>you will likely have clients that simply add nodes without
>explicit order information, which means they are all added to
>the end of the list, causing contention in this area.

I didn't think about this yet. Yes, it sounds like quite a big problem,
even for small child node lists. Even storing the order as a property on
the parent would be problematic in this case. And it would also be a
problem for a clustering solution with MongoDB (depending how data is
stored there).

Regards,
Thomas