jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Tree model
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:21:46 GMT
Hi,

>That doesn't work across the whole stack.

Yes, I was thinking about a partial test (only MicroKernel).

>From personal communication with David I understand that we have
>basically two use cases for SNS: Importing content (e.g. XML) and
>creating nodes where the name doesn't matter. For both cases the
>stringent requirements of the spec. - which basically requires SNS to be
>'array addressable' - are not necessary. That is, for these cases SNS
>could be implemented on top of the MK (i.e. option b)) through name
>mangling. In that case we need to clarify whether we can do this within
>the spec. or whether we need to work on it.

Yes. Within the JCR API the index needs to be an int. One idea is to use a
global counter (global within the repository) as the index. So if you
import

it could end up as:

  p[1356789000] = Hello
  p[1356789002] = World

I don't know if this would be allowed according to the spec.

>What about HierarchyEntry? This term is currently used in the SPI stack
>for similar purposes.

HierarchyEntry instead of Node? To me it sounds a bit better than Tree,
but I would prefer something that contains the term Node.

Regards,
Thomas