jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Tree model
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:43:29 GMT
Hi,

>>- NodeData
>> - PropertyData
>> - ChildList
>
>I usually associate the suffix "Data" with classes that are rather
>dumb and contain nothing but setters and getters.

It doesn't have to be "NodeData". It might as well be "NodeBundle" or
"NodeInfo" or "NodeState" or "NodeInterface" or similar. Even "TreeNode"
or "NodeTree" are OK. As long as the term "Node" is used for something
that is a node. A "Tree" doesn't sound like a node to me, and a "Branch"
doesn't sound like a list of child nodes. Is a "Branch" a "Tree" as well?

For properties, do we actually need an interface? What would it be used
for? Couldn't we just add the methods to the node interface?

Regards,
Thomas