jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] clustering
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:23:38 GMT
Hi,

>>I don't see a need why the parent node needs to be updated
>> when a child node is added, removed or updated.
>
>However, getting a consistent journal across
>cluster nodes seems more difficult here as you said.

One option might be to persist the journal within or near the node data
itself. I guess move and re-order operations could be modeled as
delete+add (only on the storage level; not in the journal). The node id
could be the complete path (which isn't terribly efficient, but avoids
problems). This sounds like a promising approach for MongoDB.

Regards,
Thomas