jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting up Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:00:00 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oak has the advantage and so we'll go with that. I'll set up the new
> mailing list, issue tracker and svn space in a moment.

The issue tracker is now available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK and the svn space is at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/ (I'll set up a Git
shortly, see INFRA-4514 [1].

To get us started, I'll set up a basic multimodule build in oak/trunk
along the lines of what we have in jackrabbit/trunk. As initial
components I propose the following:

    * oak-core, for the main codebase (incl. unit tests)
    * oak-run, for a runnable jar packaging
    * oak-it, for integration tests
    * oak-bench, for performance tests

We'll start building the Oak codebase under org.apache.jackrabbit.oak
in oak-core. To avoid having to start from scratch, I propose that we
copy the existing MK work from org.apache.jackrabbit.mk to under
oak-core and gradually clean up and refactor relevant parts of the
codebase to subpackages under o.a.j.oak. Other existing code from
above the MK should probably treated similarly.

BR,

Jukka Zitting