jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.NoSuchItemStateException
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:34:03 GMT
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklimets@adobe.com> wrote:
> On 15.03.2012, at 12:28, Nibedita123 wrote:
>
>> I am new to jackrabbit .For document upload and database table creation i
>> used to jackrabbit.I am using Postgress for database.
>>
>> When i start the tomcat server in my local eclipse then i get this
>> exception.Please Help........
>>
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.NoSuchItemStateException:
>> deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
>
> deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe is the fixed UUID of the root node.

it refers to the /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage node.

the problem you're facing is usually caused by misconfiguration.
make sure to specify distinct "schemaObjectPrefix" values in the
configuration of the per workspace PersistenceManager and
the versioning related PersistenceManager instances.

cheers
stefan

> IIRC, this issue means that the persistence manager could not properly start and be initialized
(on first startup, some code will ask the PM to create & store the base nodes). Maybe
a problem with the database setup.