jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Index on randomly distributed data
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 15:48:11 GMT
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
>> And with moves the id stays the same?
>
> no, the id would change in that case. a move then
> basically is a copy and delete at the previous location.

Ok. Moving an entire tree will then be expensive as all descendants
also change their id's. Also, references to an id will from other
nodes will change. So, although I am in favor of storing path
information as this can make simple path constraint queries really
efficient, I don't see how this could work as id due to the references
of other nodes

Regards Ard