jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:51:10 GMT
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Bart van der Schans
<b.vanderschans@onehippo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Oak has the advantage and so we'll go with that. I'll set up the new
>>> mailing list, issue tracker and svn space in a moment.
>>
>> The issue tracker is now available at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK and the svn space is at
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/ (I'll set up a Git
>> shortly, see INFRA-4514 [1].
>
> I'm all in favor of having a nice and fancy working name, a separate
> jira and svn location, but are we sure we want to setup separate
> mailing lists as well? I'm afraid this might split up the jr community
> or in the best case everybody from the jr community subscribes to the
> new lists as well, which makes having the lists a bit superfluous.
>
> How do other people feel about this?

I'd prefer to just use  [oak] in the subject prefix and stick to the
current dev list.

Also see Bertrand's recent post : 'Stefano’s Mazzocchi’s Busy List Pattern'

Regards Ard

[1]  http://grep.codeconsult.ch/2011/12/06/stefanos-mazzocchis-busy-list-pattern/