jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Index on randomly distributed data
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:07:13 GMT
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see and understand your points. But then, when it comes to clustering, generating a
strictly monotone sequential ID without collisions without tampering performance is probably
a hard problem to solve, right ?

That was exactly my point ;-)

If we have a internal storage id (for example a db PK) and a different
(jcr:) uuid, would those have a 1-to-1 mapping? Are the nodes
retrieved by looking up some (path based) uuid or by the id (PK)? If
the latter is true then you still need an index on the uuids and you
would have the same "performance problem". Or am I mistaken? I do
agree with Jukka that we really need some numbers to discuss this and
make some choices.

Regards,
Bart