jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:41:02 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oak has the advantage and so we'll go with that. I'll set up the new
>> mailing list, issue tracker and svn space in a moment.
>
> The issue tracker is now available at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK and the svn space is at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/ (I'll set up a Git
> shortly, see INFRA-4514 [1].

I'm all in favor of having a nice and fancy working name, a separate
jira and svn location, but are we sure we want to setup separate
mailing lists as well? I'm afraid this might split up the jr community
or in the best case everybody from the jr community subscribes to the
new lists as well, which makes having the lists a bit superfluous.

How do other people feel about this?

Regards,

Bart