jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Setting up Oak (Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort)
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:47:14 GMT
On 03/07/2012 09:25 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Jukka Zitting<jukka.zitting@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> The list is ready now, you can subscribe by sending a message to
> oak-dev-subscribe@jackrabbit.apache.org. I suggest we move discussion
> about Oak to the new list gradually over the next few days as
> interested people get subscribed. I'll change the Jira notifications
> for OAK to go to the new list at the end of today.
>
> The main rationale for using a separate mailing list is that the Oak
> codebase is a fundamentally different repository implementation than
> Jackrabbit 2.x (a "revolution" in Stefano's terms), and a separate
> list should help make that more obvious and help prevent confusion
> like in the other thread where people were jumping to wrong conclusion
> about identifiers based on current Jackrabbit design.

OK.
While I'd personally would prefer a single dev list, I'm mostly a lurker
tracking progress, so subscribing to two lists isn't much of a deal either.

However, if you really want to prevent confusion, I think then also JIRA OAK
messages and /jackrabbit/oak commit messages should be redirected to the
oak-dev@ list.
Right now discussions and replies on oak specific issues and commit messages
still end up on the main dev@ so IMO not serving the intent.

Regards,

Ate