jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: JSOP/davex and transactions not working (compared to "simple webdav")
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:44:48 GMT
hi chregu

the transaction type you are referring to aren't transactions s.str. but
were the first version of my jcr-remoting to indentify a set of
transient modifications that are transported to the server and are
'saved' at the end (or reverted with Session.refresh(false)).
at that time we thought the jcr-client was really thin and would not
keep transient modifications but instead immediately send them to the
server (keeping as Session across multiple requests until the final
save/revert is sent with the corresponding unlock request).

with the creation of jcr2spi that in fact keeps track of transient
modifications and the invention of the jsop diff format that concept
became obsolete. in this new setup the complete set of transient
changes between 2 save calls are sent to the server in a single
'batch-write' POST/PATCH request. therefore refresh(false) must not
be implemented on the server-side as this is taken care off by
jcr2spi (or any other jcr-client).

there was an initial attempt to support transactions as defined
by JSR 170 in the jcr-remoting setup but we never completed that
for various reasons.
there are fragments left in the jcr-server code (and for those we
initially wanted to use a lock-type <jcr:global />).

hope that helps

View raw message