Hi Mete,

The answer depends on the implementation, and as you can see on the wiki page [0] these two counters have not been implemented yet :)

You have 2 options here:

1) is what you listed above: you provide an incremental implementation where each time there is a change to the number of bundles, you push that info to the counter via the #addAndGet(long delta) method.
In this case, yes we should change to non-incremental.

or

2) similar to BUNDLE_CACHE_SIZE_COUNTER you provide the absolute number each time via #set(long newValue), possibly at a lower frequency that the one at the actual updates come in.

So, as I've said it depends on the actual implementation and not having one yet means that if you find it easier the other way around (#1) we can switch without breaking anything.

best,
alex

[0] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Statistics