jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:55:33 GMT
Hi,

Am 23.02.2012 um 10:50 schrieb Thomas Mueller:

> Hi,
>
>> option.transactions.supported = true
>

> Is this JTA, right? Is it really required?

While I don't like it either, some people make up a case for it....

So, if it can "easily" be supported, I think it would be a plus in the enterprise environment

>> shareable nodes
>> it shouldn't be hard to implement them properly when starting from
>> scratch.
>
> In my (old) prototype they caused a rather big architectural change. I
> wouldn't support them if possible.
>

>>> node.type.management.orderable.child.nodes.supported = false
>>
>> why? in CQ we rely on the ability to have orderable child nodes.
>
> The problem is we want to support large child node lists, and for this
> case keeping them ordered is expensive (possible, but more complex, and
> will slow down adding/removing child nodes to such nodes by factor 2-3).
>
> Currently, small child node lists (less than 2000 child nodes or so) are
> orderable, but large ones are not.

I understand, but we need it ;-)

>> i would appreciate if XPATH was still being supported.
>
> What about if we support a (to be defined) subset of XPATH? For example by
> converting it to SQL2.

Whatever the definition will be, chances are that a subset would be sufficient.

Yet, I would assume XPath would be internally converted to JQOM and not to SQL2-to-JQOM ...
But this is another story, probably.

Regards
Felix