jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:20:08 GMT
Hi,

>>The plan is to let users define indexes manually

Replace "the plan is" with "my plan is". But see also
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Goals%20and%20non%20goals%20for%20Jackrab
bit%203 Goals - Simple/Fast queries (i.e. through specialized indexes)
(3ms)

>It much be just my horse's view: I can't get my head around the
>problems involved in hierarchical queries combining free text (and
>even authorization).

We should change the topic to [jr3 queries] for this: Could you give some
examples of queries (XPath or SQL-2) that you regularly use? Specially
those that are currently are slow because they are hard to optimize. We
will need that anyway to test the query engine. My plan is to add such
queries (together with some test data) to a text file that is then run in
a unit test. So no Java required. Similar to this:
http://h2database.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/h2/src/test/org/h2/samples/optim
izations.sql

Regards,
Thomas