jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:44:09 GMT
Hi,

>What about combining free text searches with other constraints? I
>don't see how you can ever in a performing way overlay (let alone
>score) the results from a Lucene fulltext index with for example the
>results from 'database indexes'.

I don't currently think this as a big problem, but let's see. Maybe we
will find Lucene isn't needed at all (but I doubt that).

What is certain is that we want a more flexible way to configure indexes,
and not use just one index.

>  Also, it seems impossible to me to
>combine hierarchical constraints with fulltext searching if the
>hierarchy is not part of the Lucene index. For example:
>
>/jcr:root/content[@jcr:contains(....)]/documents[@jcr:contains(...)]/news/
>2001

The path isn't stored in Lucene even for Jackrabbit 2, only the node id.
So I don't see this as a new problem.

Regards,
Thomas