jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 trade consistency for availability]
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:07:11 GMT
Hi,

>But before discussing the details, what is to be understand by 'query
>index consistency'?

I don't know if I mean the same thing, but...

>Does this mean that the indexes should be consistent with the latest
>persisted data. Thus within a single cluster node, after a persist,
>the index must be updated directly?

That would be an option (I would prefer that), except for fulltext search
which is always updated asynchronous. But updating the index later on
(using the journal) might also be an option. This is not yet defined.
Maybe both will be possible.

> Would this mean that it blocks new
>search requests until the indexing queue is emptied?

I didn't plan to use any kind of 'indexing queue' by default :-) except
for Lucene.

>then we still don't have
>transactional searches

My plan was to support searches for data that is persisted (no search in
the transient space). But the index should be updated as part of the save
operation I think (except for fulltext search).

Regards,
Thomas