jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:59:58 GMT
Hi,

>a mismatch between hierarchical structured
>data and flat indexing through Lucene (assuming Lucene as index).

My idea is to use Lucene for for fulltext indexing (of documents), but
nothing else.

The rest (property index, node type index, path index) is indexed in a
different way, more like in databases: indexes are user defined and only
apply to a certain subset of the data (filter by path prefix, node type,
property name, value type,...). The index data is stored in the repository
itself (or possibly in a separate 'index' repository, accessed using the
MicroKernel API).

Based on the query, the query engine would then chose the best index(es)
to use.

>If there would be a jr3 core and an
>optional index, that would make sense to me.

Yes, that's the plan.

Regards,
Thomas