jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Mete Atamel <mata...@adobe.com>
Subject RepositoryStatistics question
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:20:37 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at some of the values of Type enum in RepositoryStatistics class and these two
caught my attention:

        BUNDLE_COUNTER(true),

        BUNDLE_WS_SIZE_COUNTER(true),

I'm assuming BUNDLE_COUNTER is the current number of nodes/bundles and BUNDLE_WS_SIZE_COUNTER
is the total size of all nodes/bundles in the workspace (correct me if I'm wrong). The problem
is that these enums are initialized with true, meaning they will reset their counts to zero
every second and this is kind of weird.

For example, if 100 nodes are created at time 1 and time 3, you'd see something like this
for BUNDLE_COUNTER: 100, 0, 100, 0, 0, ... But I'd expect to see 100, 100, 200, 200, 200,
… Because BUNDLE_COUNT sounds like the total number of nodes at the current time rather
than new bundles created at the current time. If it were named NEW_BUNDLE_COUNT, I'd expect
to see 100, 0, 100, 0, 0, …Same goes for BUNDLE_WS_SIZE_COUNTER.

So, I'm suggesting that we change these enum values to initialize with false instead and I'm
curious to know what everyone else thinks.

Thanks,
Mete