jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 microkernel] Change log consolidation
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:43:09 GMT
Hi,

I think we should keep the option to consolidate the change log. I think
it's a smart idea. But I believe it's much too early to say whether it
will improve performance of real applications a lot or not. It is just
impossible to say at the moment, because we don't have enough real
applications and use cases. Also, we might be able to use it for
clustering.

So I would prefer if we have a setting to disable change log
consolidation, so we can test it. Similar to other options, for example
support for large child node lists: we currently believe it will solve
many problems, but we also know it is problematic in some cases (because
child node order is not preserved). So we have a setting, and we can play
with that.

Regards,
Thomas