jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 microkernel] Change log consolidation
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 14:54:06 GMT
Hi,

>Yes, every system doesn't solve "some problem". But what you saying is:
>"I would probably not consolidate the change log [...]. Unless it turns
>out to be a problem in practice [...]"

Yes. I don't see why "unconsolidated" change log should be a problem,
except that it's *possibly* a bit slower. And I believe it's rather
unlikely that it's a performance problem. Actually, I believe
consolidating the change log will actually eat more performance than not
doing that. That means consolidating the change log would be just code
that makes the system slower, and is a potential source of errors.

>Which reads like: lets build jr3, and fix it when it fails in deployment.

You forgot about testing :-)

Regards,
Thomas