jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Codename
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:59:37 GMT
Hi Ard...

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Ard Schrijvers
> > <a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Bonsai might give a perception of small, and not 'BigTree' kind at all
> >
> > Right, that's why I was trying to come up with something starting from
> > the "big tree" idea. The mentioned "BigTree" is IMHO too clunky and
> > way too close to the already existing "Bigtop" project [1]. The idea
> > Justin was leading with Sequioa (Redwood), Cypress or something
> > similar seems promising, but most of such names are already used in
> > the software domain. A slightly mangled name like in "Jonsai" might
> > work here.
> >
> > One possible alternative is the "Oak" name I've been using in a
> > somewhat related effort within Apache Labs [2]. That effort never went
>
> I personally like oak a lot. In general I am, but that is of course
> just taste, not too charmed with:
>
> 1) portmanteau's like jonsai
> 2) with very complex to write and remember names like Leporidae (sry Nour)

No worries :P

> Oak is catchy, I like oaks, everybody knows what they are, easy to
> remember and pronounce, and, for what it's worth, the JIRA key can be
> the same as the project name :)

Yeah but Oak is very Java  related which is good from one side, but from
the other side it has no relation with Rabbits :D.

On a second thought, why we are referring to the Rabbit itself why not
something very related to it, what about:

Carota or Carrot Tree [1]

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot

--
Thanks