jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Tree model
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:32:59 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
>> import java.util.Map;
>> ... extends Map<String, Tree>
>
> For a low level interface, that would be a lot of methods to be
> implemented, with special semantics that might not be desirable (for
> example put returns the old data).

Yep, I considered that. In summary though I decided that the benefits
of using a standard java.util interface (familiarity and easy
integration with external libraries like Commons Collections or
JSON.org) outweighs the extra implementation work (most of which can
be done in a shared base class).

I prototyped a simple in-memory implementation of the proposed Tree
interface (without just extending another Map implementation :-), and
couldn't identify any notable semantical issues with any of the
methods.

BR,

Jukka Zitting