jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject [jr3] Codename
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:36:23 GMT
Hi,

As mentioned in the proposed strategic plan [1], I'd like us to come
up with a codename other than just "Jackrabbit 3" or "jr3" for the
work to implement the new repository.

The name should be short, easy to remember (and type) and unique
enough to be easily searchable (i.e. there shouldn't already be
millions of Google hits for the name) and to not conflict with
existing software products. It would be nice if the name had some
relation to trees, content or our existing "Jackrabbit" branch (my
wife would suggest we use "Bunny" :-). See also [2] for generic naming
guidelines.

My personal favorite so far is "Jonsai" (as in Java + Bonsai) that
Michael D. suggested in a lunch conversation last week.

Any other ideas? I suggest we collect ideas over the next few days,
check how well the measure against the above guidelines, and then next
week come up with consensus on which one of the candidates we should
use as the codename.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Jackrabbit%203%20Strategic%20Plan
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-names.html

BR,