jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Codename
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:13:10 GMT
Hi,

OK, I think we have quite a few reasonable alternatives here, each
with their own strengths and weaknesses. I dropped the candidates with
notable downsides (especially not being unique enough), leaving the
following alternatives:

    [ ] Arnabu
    [ ] Blackrabbit
    [ ] Carota
    [ ] Jonsai
    [ ] Leporid
    [ ] Tapeti
    [ ] Tupaia

Let's have a quick poll on these at
http://www.doodle.com/zpnpmcv69pfaw73f. Please pick your favorites! If
a reasonable consensus emerges on one of the alternatives, then we'll
simply pick that one. Otherwise we'll have a followup vote on the two
most popular alternatives.

Note that for now this is just a codename for the jr3 implementation
effort. Once we get close to production quality we still need to
decide whether to promote the codename for wider use, brand the
implementation as "Jackrabbit 3.0" like originally planned, or perhaps
come up with a completely new name.

PS. If I missed a good alternative or one that wasn't brought up yet,
let me know so I can add it to the poll.

BR,

Jukka Zitting