jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:42:24 GMT
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>>The plan is to let users define indexes manually
>
> Replace "the plan is" with "my plan is". But see also
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Goals%20and%20non%20goals%20for%20Jackrab
> bit%203 Goals - Simple/Fast queries (i.e. through specialized indexes)
> (3ms)
>

>>It much be just my horse's view: I can't get my head around the
>>problems involved in hierarchical queries combining free text (and
>>even authorization).
>
> We should change the topic to [jr3 queries] for this: Could you give some
> examples of queries (XPath or SQL-2) that you regularly use? Specially

I'll do a follow up mail in a new thread with topic  'jr3 queries' as
you suggested, and will try to explain our use-cases, and what I think
from our pov would be needed for jr3 regarding searches

Regards Ard

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com