jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New wiki page - Statistics
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:43:20 GMT
Hi Marcel,

thanks for the feedback!

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looks very good. I'm a bit confused with the 'Simple' column
> in the tables. Does this refer to the Sequence Types described
> earlier? What does true/false mean?

Well that is a typo, I meant to write 'Single' not 'Simple' and yes, it
refers to the types.
Putting the header to Single and then true/false seemed a good idea at the
time, but if it doesn't work as expected, I can always replace the
true/false column with the actual types of each data series.

> I think it would also be good to mention what is considered a
> session read operation. Similar for session write. I guess this
> includes Session.save() but also all other workspace operations
> that directly persist changes, is this correct?

Yes, it is correct.

You are right, this needs documenting as well. I'm not sure that the
Statistics page is the proper place to define what a Session.write and a
Session.read represents, though.
I'll update the page to include this info as well.

thanks,
alex